I moved into a new apartment and didn't have any idea how things work, so on the first day I moved in I called National Grid to give them my information.They prompted me to send them my lease or a notarized statement that I'm the new tenant within 24 hours or they would shut me off.

Statement was sent, but the phone number was missing and it went to the wrong department, so next day I got a call and the person told me I have another 24 hours, until next day 2pm. Next day 12pm a National Grid representative stands in front of my door and tells me he has to shut me off. I tell him he can't, I haven't done anything wrong, and the new statement with all information is being faxed this moment by my landlord. But apparently the tenants who lived here before me didn't pay their bill, so he has to turn the power off.

I tell him I have a baby and a toddler plus frozen breastmilk in the freezer, and he still shut me off. He said he can turn my power on the same day as soon as they got my information. At 5pm I get a call that my statement arrived and everything checks out, but they don't do same day connects! The lady on the phone tells me somebody is coming the next day between 8am and 4pm, no consideration for my infant children.

Next day, which is today, 6pm and still no power. I called earlier and asked why I'm being punished, and they tell me I should have sent in my lease or statement 2 weeks ahead. I didn't know that I was moving into this apartment until a few days before my move in date. I'm not the one who didn't pay them, I even told them I wanted to make direct payments, and they still punish me for the old tenants' unpaid bill!

Tomorrow I'll be 2 days without power, my food in the fridge got bad, my toddler can't have his warm milk (he doesn't like cold milk) or warm meals, and nobody at National Grid cares!

I say boycott!Have everybody not use any electricity for one day and show them they can't do this with us!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problems with payment of national grid electricity supply. National Grid needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned national grid electricity supply in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at National Grid. You can also consider other companies suggested by the author: PSEG or Elizabethtown Gas.

Had an Experience with National Grid?

Comments